To become an active member with the ANBMT and to purchase professional liability insurance (PLI), we require the following information.
*Please note: you must be an active member with the ANBMT in order to opt into the ANBMT's insurance program through Lackner McLennan Insurance (LMI).
- Initial Membership application form (please duly fill out this form–if it is your first time applying; otherwise, duly complete a Membership Renewal form)
- Up-to-date First Aid/CPR (photocopies)
- Criminal Record Check (a recent copy - no later than 6 months old maximum) *A copy of this document is acceptable; the original is not required.
- Proof of graduation OR proof of membership in a College of Massage Therapy (e.g. copy of diploma, certificate, or copy of final official transcript)
- Membership fees (please refer to the “Membership Fees” link for the exact amount, which includes the Lackner McLennan insurance fee). If you opt for professional liability insurance coverage through the ANBMT & Lackner McLennan. *Please provide proof of insurance coverage if you have coverage through another insurance carrier.
- Complete a Lackner McLennan Insurance application form and include that with your application (Download Form). Payment for membership fees and Lackner McLennan Insurance coverage should be made directly to the ANBMT. This is one complete payment. You can get additional information about this insurance policy by clicking on “Lackner McLennan.”
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you intend to practice the following additonal modalities, please include certificates of training for, cupping, hot stone, Gua Sha.
- Copy of letters from the CMTNB confirming successful completion of the OSCE and MCQ exams (PDF copies). *Requirement for New Brunswick applicants.
- *If you are currently a student member with ANBMT, please subtract the $50.00 student member fee from the overall total owing–provided that the student membership has not expired.
Confirmation of Professional Liability Insurance
If you are applying to become a registrant of the College of Massage Therapists of New Brunswick (CMTNB), and purchasing professional liability insurance through the ANBMT/Lackner McLennan Insurance, confirmation of purchase of PLI coverage will be provided to the CMTNB on your behalf indicating the effective date of coverage. The College accepts this as proof of PLI coverage until the PDF version of the insurance certificate is sent to the applicant by e-mail.