How to Become a Member
Any new registrant with the ANBMT will be considered a Provisional Member and will remain as such with the Association no longer than thirty (30) consecutive days before providing proof of successful acceptance to and membership in good standing with a massage therapy regulatory college in Canada; and has paid the specified member fee in accordance with the current fee schedule and has met all requirements below.
*Please note: you must be a provisional or practising member with the ANBMT in order to opt into the ANBMT’s insurance program through Lackner McLennan Insurance (LMI).
To become a practising member with the ANBMT and to purchase professional liability insurance (PLI), we require the following information:
- Provisional Member application form (please duly fill out this form–if it is your first time applying; otherwise, duly complete a Membership Renewal form)
- Up-to-date First Aid/CPR (photocopies)
- Criminal Record Check (a recent copy – no later than 6 months old maximum) *A copy of this document is acceptable; the original is not required.
- Proof of graduation OR proof of membership in a College of Massage Therapy (e.g. copy of diploma, certificate, or copy of final official transcript) *FOR THOSE APPLICANTS WHO ARE A MEMBER OF A COLLEGE OF MASSAGE THERAPY–A COPY OF YOUR MT SCHOOL CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED.
- Two pieces of government-issued identification (one piece must be photo identification)
- Membership fees (please refer to the “Membership Fees” link for the exact amount, which includes the Lackner McLennan insurance fee). If you opt for professional liability insurance coverage through the ANBMT & Lackner McLennan. *Please provide proof of insurance coverage if you have coverage through another insurance carrier.
- Complete a Lackner McLennan Insurance application form and include that with your application (Download Form). Payment for membership fees and Lackner McLennan Insurance coverage should be made directly to the ANBMT. This is one complete payment. You can get additional information about this insurance policy by clicking on “Lackner McLennan.”
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you intend to practice the following additional modalities, please include certificates of training for, cupping, hot stone, Gua Sha.
- Payments can be made by e-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org), cheque, money order, or by credit card using PayPal here. *Please note that the ANBMT cannot process credit card payments directly.
- Documents may be sent by scan-to-email (email@example.com), mail (address is indicated on the application form), or fax to (506) 451-8173. *Please do not send pictures of documents taken with a phone.
- Copy of letters from the CMTNB confirming successful completion of the OSCE and MCQ exams (PDF copies). *Requirement for New Brunswick applicants.
Confirmation of Professional Liability Insurance
If you are applying to become a registrant of the College of Massage Therapists of New Brunswick (CMTNB), and purchasing professional liability insurance through the ANBMT/Lackner McLennan Insurance, confirmation of purchase of PLI coverage will be provided to the CMTNB on your behalf indicating the effective date of coverage. The College accepts this as proof of PLI coverage until the PDF version of the insurance certificate is sent to the applicant by e-mail.