Kinesio Taping (Day 1 & Day 2) Seminars
Date: October 27–28, 2018
Location:Collège Atlantique de Massage Thérapeutique (CAMT)
1040 Champlain Street Unit 102
Cost: $599 early bird( 30 days prior), $650 thereafter.
Day 1 teaches the unique qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape and its method related to human anatomy. Attendees will practice epidermis, fascia and muscle applications to the body, educating you how to relax overuse syndromes, stimulate weak muscles, and decrease pain and swelling.
Day 2 Advanced will teach you six Corrective Technique (Mechanical, Functional, Space, Fascia, Ligament/Tendon, and Lymphatic) applications for treatment of a variety of clinical conditions and dysfunction related to the spine and extremities. Attendees will be able to perform the techniques and applications for treatment of pain, spasm, swelling, weakness, joint mobility and stability related to orthopedic & neurological conditions.
Registration form and more details at this link:
*THIS IS NOT AN ANBMT SPONSORED COURSE. PLEASE CONTACT THE INSTRUCTOR TO REGISTER
Cupping for Manual Therapists
August 11–12, 2018
Atlantic College of Therapeutic Massage
7.5 CEUs approved by the CMTNB
Cost: $449+HST prior to July 11th, after July 11 $499+HST (cost include a set of 12 cups and a 75-page manual)
Cupping is a very safe and effective treatment modality that improves blood circulation, and lymphatic flow in the body while address restrictions and adhesions. It is a great tool to help with pain relief and has no demonstratable negative effects on the body when practiced by a properly informed practitioner.
Clients love the therapeutic effect of negative pressure massage. The sensation of suction is a little strange the first time, but the incredible feeling of the tension melting away when receiving cupping is hard to deny.
Watch your practice grow, as your clients line up to receive cupping treatments. Not only that, but cupping is very easy on your body. At the end of the day you will find you have more energy to see clients, and to enjoy what you love most in life.
• the history of cupping therapy, and its uses through the ages, and the contemporary model of cupping
• the histology of Cupping
• the physiology of why cupping works
• discussion of cupping marks, and what they mean
• indications and contraindications for cupping
• safety, cleaning and disinfection, and proper use of cupping vessels based on World Health Organization standards (also CMTO and CTCMPAO standards of practice)
• how to use both plastic and silicone cups
• learn 12 kinds of cupping
• therapeutic use for cupping
• touching on concepts from Traditional Chinese Medicine, related to cupping reactions, and suitability of specific cupping techniques (e.g. wind, stagnation, excess, deficient, heat, cold techniques to treat common conditions joint mobilizations, dynamic movement techniques
• when to use which techniques and why treating the fascia
• facial cupping
• treating muscle and tendon issues, restricted ROM
Included in the course:
- Includes a set of 12 silicone cups (8 contour body cups, and 4 facial cups - $75 value)
- You also receive our 70-page course manual, chocked full of information and research on cupping therapy
- Access to our private Facebook Group: The Cupping Project upon course completion, where videos of the course materials, and all teaching materials are available, as well as ongoing teaching.
Somato-emotional Processing (SE1) or CST Level 3
"Listening to the Body"
Instructed by Don Ash, PT, CSTA-CP
Registration Deadline: 10 August 2018
Date: September 7-September 9, 2018 (2.5-day course)
Maximum: 24 Registrants *Prerequisite: BE3 or CST Level 2/equivalent
Time: Friday 3:00 PM - 8:30 PM; Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Atlantic College of Therapeutic Massage - Fredericton Campus
440 King Street (Kings Place Mall)
Fredericton, N.B. E3B 5H8
Fee: $450.00 (ANBMT members only) Non-Member: $600.00
(PAYMENT MUST ACCOMPANY REGISTRATION; NO RESERVATIONS ACCEPTED)
CEUs: 9.25 Category A CEUs (CMTNB Approved)
In this three-day craniosacral therapy class, we deepen our awareness of the innate ability of the body to heal itself. We explore the notion that the body has an inner voice and can express itself-and that the awareness of this expression can be used as a therapeutic tool. The student will learn how to palpate fluctuations in the craniosacral rhythm that reflect the body's self-correcting mechanisms.
New skills offered will include direct communication with the inner wisdom through dialogue, listening and palpation of changes in the craniosacral rhythm and the tissues. Techniques to facilitate mobility of the tissues of the "Avenue of Expression" (as described by John Upledger) will be taught to assist the communication process.
Recognizing and honoring the patient's biological process and the ability of the body to express itself will be central themes of this class.
What to Bring
" CST Handbook (purchased during the SE1 course)
" Suggested reading: Lessons from the Sessions & Body of Water, Ocean of Mind by Don Ash
" Bolsters and pillows
" Lunch / water / snacks
" Wear comfortable or loose-fitting clothing (tank tops, t-shirts)
About Don Ash:
Don Ash, PT, CSTA-CP, is a craniosacral therapy practitioner, author and faculty member of the CST Alliance education and training center of New Hampshire. For many years Don trained directly with Dr. John Upledger and has taught beginning through advanced level CST work to students throughout the U.S. and around the world. Don is the author of three well-known CST publications: "The CST Handbook," "Lessons from the Sessions" and "Body of Water, Ocean of Mind." He brings over 25 years of craniosacral therapy experience and over 35 years of physical therapy experience to his practice in Rochester, New Hampshire. He has an undergraduate degree in Psychology from Huron University and a physical therapy degree from University of Pennsylvania. You can learn more about Don at www.CSTAlliance.comWholistic Body Works and receives TMJD clientele from word-of-mouth, chiropractors, dentists, speech therapists and music/vocal coaches. In his spare time cycle touring and black & white photography allow creative opportunities.