*THIS IS NOT AN ANBMT SPONSORED COURSE. PLEASE CONTACT THE INSTRUCTOR TO REGISTER
Cupping for Manual Therapists
August 11–12, 2018
Atlantic College of Therapeutic Massage
7.5 CEUs approved by the CMTNB
Cost: $449+HST prior to July 11th, after July 11 $499+HST (cost include a set of 12 cups and a 75-page manual)
Cupping is a very safe and effective treatment modality that improves blood circulation, and lymphatic flow in the body while address restrictions and adhesions. It is a great tool to help with pain relief and has no demonstratable negative effects on the body when practiced by a properly informed practitioner.
Clients love the therapeutic effect of negative pressure massage. The sensation of suction is a little strange the first time, but the incredible feeling of the tension melting away when receiving cupping is hard to deny.
Watch your practice grow, as your clients line up to receive cupping treatments. Not only that, but cupping is very easy on your body. At the end of the day you will find you have more energy to see clients, and to enjoy what you love most in life.
• the history of cupping therapy, and its uses through the ages, and the contemporary model of cupping
• the histology of Cupping
• the physiology of why cupping works
• discussion of cupping marks, and what they mean
• indications and contraindications for cupping
• safety, cleaning and disinfection, and proper use of cupping vessels based on World Health Organization standards (also CMTO and CTCMPAO standards of practice)
• how to use both plastic and silicone cups
• learn 12 kinds of cupping
• therapeutic use for cupping
• touching on concepts from Traditional Chinese Medicine, related to cupping reactions, and suitability of specific cupping techniques (e.g. wind, stagnation, excess, deficient, heat, cold techniques to treat common conditions joint mobilizations, dynamic movement techniques
• when to use which techniques and why treating the fascia
• facial cupping
• treating muscle and tendon issues, restricted ROM
Included in the course:
- Includes a set of 12 silicone cups (8 contour body cups, and 4 facial cups - $75 value)
- You also receive our 70-page course manual, chocked full of information and research on cupping therapy
- Access to our private Facebook Group: The Cupping Project upon course completion, where videos of the course materials, and all teaching materials are available, as well as ongoing teaching.