- This event has passed.
Sacred Somatics Practioner Training: Level 1
September 9 @ 9:00 am - September 10 @ 5:30 pm
Instructed by Ailsa Keppie, BSc Hons in Physiology, RMT, MFR Practitioner
Registration Deadline: August 26, 2023
Date: September 9–September 10, 2023 (2 days)
Time: 9:00am–5:30pm (Saturday–Sunday)
*16 hours in-class instruction + 4 hours pre- and post-course study total of 20 hours.
Location: Château Moncton, 100 Main Street, Moncton, New Brunswick E1C 1B9
Fee: $550 (ANBMT/Student Member) $650 (Non-Member)
*This course is $693.59 in person when offered by the instructor.
(PAYMENT MUST ACCOMPANY REGISTRATION; RESERVATIONS NOT ACCEPTED)
CEUs: (Pending CMTNB approval) *Several of Ailsa’s courses have already been approved by the CMTNB.
*Student members are eligible to take this course. Not eligible for the 50% offer.
MAXIMUM: This course is limited to 24 registrants
Preferred room rate: A block of 10 rooms have been reserved. Chateau Moncton $224.25 + HST per night (25% discount). 2 queen beds. Complimentary breakfast, WIFI, business center, free parking and 24/7 gym. Telephone: 506-870-4444; Booking reference: ANBMT Group 25% discount.
Instruction time total of 20 hours
– 16 hours in-class instruction.
– 4 hours pre- and post-course study:
- 2 hours of reading the required material and personal reflection and preparation.
- 2 hours of integration and submission of a personal assignment.
Sacred Somatics is a modality that brings together three main aspects of therapeutic and somatic practice, namely:
– Observation: reading the body and awareness of what the client presents with.
– Feeling: intentional touch and therapeutic competence using myofascial release.
– Embodiment: Functional awareness exercises, grounding, and ethical relationship.
Level 1 practitioner training
This 20-hour training (16-hour in-class time with 4 hours pre- and post-course study) brings the integrated practice of health care to the forefront for hands-on practitioners. There is a lot of research that shows that a sense of well-being and proper functioning of a human is based not only on physical aspects, but also on our past life experience, trauma, and emotional and attachment patterns. For practitioners wishing to broaden their level of knowledge to include somatic-based awareness and education as well as trauma-informed assessment and treatment plans, this training will bring it all together. Practitioners will learn simple techniques that can add to your skills and give you an ethical framework for knowing when to refer your client to another modality. The training of practitioners in sacred somatics embraces the path forward for integrated health care.
- Increase skills in reading the body, including postural alignment, emotional holding patterns, trauma awareness and the freeze response; energetic pathways and breathing.
- Acquire skills in communicating our preliminary observations and creating agreements and consent with clients around treatment plans that meet the client’s stated goals.
- Learn touch techniques that engage the myofascial system with awareness of barriers and blocks so that the treatment feels consensual and helpful to both the client and the therapist.
- Review and teach specific myofascial techniques: vault hold, depth, and directional barriers, crossed hand techniques and variations and traction/compression techniques.
- Practice grounding and centering techniques for the therapist to minimize energy depletion and burnout for the therapist when treating multiple clients per day/week.
- Learn self-care options for therapists to maintain the practice they want and expand their ability to continue working in the health care field.
-Pre-requisite reading materials–readings and reflection to be submitted prior to attending the course. Approx. 2 hours of ‘class time’ are allocated to this preliminary work.
-Register early so that the instructor can email the required materials in advance, allowing enough time to read and reflect.
What to bring
-Portable massage table (1 for 2 participants)
-Prerequisite material that will be made available through the instructor at least 1 month before the course dates.
*Please contact the course instructor at email@example.com should you have questions.
About the Instructor
Ailsa Keppie is a trained massage therapist, intimacy educator and somatic therapist. She has been working in the field of hands-on bodywork, somatic coaching and healing for over a decade. Ailsa brings aspects of her experience in circus arts, physical theatre, music, dance, myofascial release, bioenergetic processes, archetypes, and spirituality to her work with clients. Ailsa has really embodied her own healing journey and now brings her awareness and understanding to others. Ailsa works both online and in-person.
Ailsa works as an RMT in Nova Scotia. She has taken post graduate training in myofascial release with a women’s health specialization, somatic psychotherapy training, intimacy education and ethics and boundaries. She has completed a two-year program in Somatic Sex Education with trauma-informed training.
Register here: Sacred Somatics Practioner Training Level 1 Sept 2023
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 506-451-8173